Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Zambia ~

After 19+ hours of bus travel, I am here in Zambia. Tomorrow, I am meeting with a group of students from the University of Washington Bothell. I will be giving a talk about the Peace Corps and my experience in Namibia. I can't wait to meet the group, and to see their amazing professor again, Dr. Leslie Ashbaugh.
So far, Zambia is beautiful! Livingstone is a vibrant, dynamic city set just on the outskirts of Victoria Falls. We will travel to Vic Falls later in the week.
I look forward to hear about the student's reflections on the Exploration Seminar thus far. They are here studying international development. I have heard from former participants on the program that it is life-changing. Knowing Professor Ashbaugh, I am sure that it continues to be so!
I will post photos of the trip soon. Hope you are all well.

1 comment: