Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Phots ~

I am including this week a few random photos.
First, my homeroom class – I love them very much. These are the 8 A Shining Stars, as they recently named themselves. You can see they have a LOT of energy. The second one is also of some learners at our school. Finally, you can see me…I was taking photos of my students to help memorize their names….and they insisted on taking this shot of me.
Last term we had some guests from Kinderhilfe Germany visit our school. (Due to the history of Germany occupying Namibia, there are many connections, programs, and partnerships between the two countries.). The photo below is of one of the students who observed my classroom.
Finally, here are some of my students again. The one on the right is quite taken with Langston Hughes after a human rights lesson we had featuring him, the Harlem renaissance and some of his poetry. This is precisely what we aim for – to foster a love of learning and a passion for literature. It is special when your approach resonates with some of the students – I am finding teaching to be very fulfilling.
Until next time…sending love from Namibia!

No comments:

Post a Comment