Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2013

Exploration ~

(Written last weekend, posted today.)
Today was a tremendous day!
I worked with my community counterpart to talk to some community members. I was so pleased to have an in-depth interview with the mother of one of the best students at our school. They live in extreme poverty, but again, the student has succeeded against all odds. She is now in 11th grade and plans to study nursing and to return to our village to serve her community.
Here are photos from the day. They include a photo of our friend in her traditional Herero dress, the mom, my friend and the star learner. There is also a photo of our leadership club (Club Glow - "Guys and Girls Leading our World) and one of the kids who boards at our school. I also took these shots of the sky this morning…
And this sunset to top off the day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment