Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Have S’More !!

Below are photos from the past few days. You can see my host Oma cooking the traditional “Vet koeks” – fat cakes…basically like Namibian doughnuts or fry-bread. They are delicious, but you can only eat one!
You will also see a photo of the scene from near our yard.
Next…you will see photos from tonight. It was quite an exciting evening! You can see me cooking over the fire. Then, I decided to introduce my host family to the American delight of S’MORES! They loved it…pictured below are my host sisters enjoying the S’Mores.
Finally, you will see my host sisters in their beautiful traditional Ovambo dresses! Next week I will be shadowing another Peace Corps volunteer in a nearby town to learn about her experiences and advice for best practices and approach. Then hopefully I will be in Windhoek for training on gender equality and youth empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment