Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

Game Drive, and Community Friends ~

Hello! Recently, I was fortunate enough to go on a game drive at a lodge very nearby my village. It was stunning, and Namibia's great beauty was on display, as always! Some photos are included below. (The final ones are of a lion feeding. Yes, it was totally staged for tourists - but the 4 female lions are amazing nonetheless!
And here are some additional photos from my community. The first photos of the kids are of our recent Grassroots Soccer graduation. Grassroots Soccer partners with Peace Corps worldwide, and uses soccer-inspired drills in a club format to raise awareness about, and work to stop the prevention of HIV and AIDS. I LOVED coaching Grassroots Soccer, and especially appreciated the deeper, inside look that it gave me into the community. I also loved mentoring this beautiful and talented young women and men!
The beautiful Herero woman is my friend who was wearing her traditional attire in preparation for her father's funeral at a nearby village. (You can see the traditional Herero outfit with the headscarf pointed on both sides, and the Victorian-inspired dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment