Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

On a Lighter Note

This week I am posting on a lighter note: baboons! I was delightfully surprised this morning when I suddenly saw a whole group of baboons running across the road, trailing me in the bush alongside the road, and then cross again in front of me. Adorable! There were even baby baboons!
Coincidentally, a friend was telling me a funny story about baboons last night. Apparently, they are so smart that they can figure out how to open gates and turn water taps on and off! In fact, they are a major problem for farmers here when they wreak havoc on their various plans by mixing up the livestock due to their opening gates, depleting entire dams of water when they turn on a water tap, etc. I still give them an A+ for good looks and personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment