Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

Omaruru

This past weekend I spent in Omaruru, which is a town nearby my site. It is a lovely little desert oasis, and the scenery becomes lovely on the way towards Omaruru, with shrub-covered mountains stretching into the distance.
I included some photos below. The first is of the dry riverbed. Because Namibia is largely desert, the rivers only run during the rainy season. Soon, this riverbed will be rushing with water as summer is here and it will rain this month and next.
Below you will see a photo of the Omaruru scenery, and also some of the interesting plants and cactuses that are native to this area.
Finally, below is an interesting 1907 building which has been refurbished. Inside, there is a café and shop. You can also see the guesthouse pool where I was lucky enough to spend some time. This was a very welcome break from the extreme heat and dust of my village!
Sending much love and light to all of you ~

No comments:

Post a Comment