Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cross-cultural Exchange

Today the Peace Corps Volunteers hosted our homestay families and trainers for an American meal. We served Mexican, Italian, Southern Comfort foods, Asian, Salads, Breakfast foods and desserts. It was a nice event, and our community seemed to appreciate the diversity of the foods. You can see in the pictures below our welcome sign for the event and the truly American apple pies that I baked. There is also a photo of my with my Namibian host father and sister, receiving their appreciation certificate. The other picture is another trainer and me with our language instructor, Auntie Martha. This coming week we are official sworn in as Peace Corps volunteers, and then I will depart for my site. I will post again soon!

1 comment:

  1. So good to see your beautiful smiling face Mariah. Sooo interesting.
    Love you soo very much.
    Brynn

    ReplyDelete